Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Cancer Research UK. UK oral cancer statistics. Available from http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/types/oral/.
- Second primary tumors in patients with oral cancer.Cancer. 1992; 70: 14-19
National Cancer Intelligence Network. Oral cavity cancer: survival trends in England. Available from http://www.ncin.org.uk/home.aspx.
- Oral cancer: delays in referral and diagnosis persist.Br Dent J. 2005; 198: 681-684
- Factors associated with diagnostic delay of oral squamous cell carcinoma.Oral Oncol. 2003; 39: 781-788
- Critical evaluation of diagnostic aids for the detection of oral cancer.Oral Oncol. 2008; 44: 10-22
- Survival following primary surgery for oral cancer.Oral Oncol. 2009; 45: 201-211
- Barriers and triggers to seeking help for potentially malignant oral symptoms: implications for interventions.J Public Health Dent. 2009; 69: 34-40
- The idiosyncratic relationship between diagnostic delay and stage of oral squamous cell carcinoma.Oral Oncol. 2005; 41: 396-403
- Patient delay for potentially malignant oral symptoms.Eur J Oral Sci. 2008; 116: 141-147
- Socioeconomic inequalities and oral cancer risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis of case-control studies.Int J Cancer. 2008; 122: 2811-2819
- Incidence of oral and oropharyngeal cancer in United Kingdom (1990–1999)—recent trends and regional variation.Oral Oncol. 2006; 42: 586-592
- Oral cancer: material deprivation, unemployment and risk factor behaviour—an initial study.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2003; 32: 74-77
- Components of socioeconomic risk associated with head and neck cancer: A population-based case–control study in Scotland.Brit J Oral and Maxillofac Surg. 2010; 48: 11-17
- Socioeconomic factors associated with risk of upper aerodigestive tract cancer in Europe.Eur J Cancer. 2010; 46: 588-598
- Delay in the diagnosis of oral squamous cell carcinoma.Clin Otolaryngol. 1995; 20: 21-25
- An assessment of deprivation as a factor in the delays in presentation, diagnosis and treatment in patients with oral and oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma.Oral Oncol. 2007; 43: 648-655
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Referral guidelines for suspected cancer. Clinical Guideline 27. London: National Health Service; 2005.
- A survey of general dental practitioners in Merseyside regarding urgent appointments and suspected cancer referrals.Prim Dent Care. 2008; 15: 25-30
- A qualitative study examining the experience of primary care dentists in the detection and management of potentially malignant lesions. 1. Factors influencing the screen and the decision to refer.Br Dent J. 2010; 208: 72-73
- Factors which determine the referral of potentially malignant lesions by primary care dentists.J Dent. 2010; 38: 569-578
- Oral cancer awareness of general medical and general dental practitioners.Br Dent J. 2007; 203: 248-249
- Oral cancer awareness of undergraduate medical and dental students.BMC Med Educ. 2007; 7: 44
- The role of primary healthcare professionals in oral cancer prevention and detection.Br Dent J. 2003; 195: 277-281
- Opinions and attitudes of the UK's PCDs and specialists in oral surgery, oral medicine and surgical dentistry on oral cancer screening.Oral Dis. 2006; 12: 194-199
- Primary care clinicians’ knowledge of oral cancer: a study of dentists and doctors in the North East of England.Br Dent J. 2001; 191: 510-512
National Cancer Intelligence Network. Routes to diagnosis. Available from http://www.ncin.org.uk/home.aspx.
- The two-week wait cancer initiative on oral cancer; the predictive value of urgent referrals to an oral medicine unit.Br Dent J. 2006; 201: 717-720
- Audit of referrals for head and neck cancer—the effect of the 2-week, fast track referral system.Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci. 2004; 29: 143-145
- The 2-week rule for suspected head and neck cancer in the United Kingdom: referral patterns, diagnostic efficacy of the guidelines and compliance.Oral Oncol. 2008; 44: 851-856
- Outcomes for patients referred urgently with suspected head and neck cancer.J Laryngol Otol. 2008; 122: 1241-1244
- Characteristics of patients attending rapid access clinics during the West of Scotland Cancer Awareness Programme oral cancer campaign.Br Dent J. 2007; 202: 680-681