Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
General Medical Council. Consent: patients and doctors making decisions together; 2008. Available from URL: http://www.gmc-uk.org.
Sidaway v Board of Governors of Bethlem Royal and the Maudsley Hospital  2 WLR 480.
Bolam v Friern Hospital Management Committee  1 WLR 582.
Chester v Afshar  UKHL 41 Pt 2.
- Value of informed consent in surgical orthodontics.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009; 67: 1021-1025
- Orthognathic surgery: a new pre-operative informed consent model.J Craniofac Surg. 2009; 20: 90-92
- Informed consent in oral and maxillofacial surgery: a study of the value of written warnings.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1994; 32: 34-36
- Informed consent in adult patients: can we achieve a gold standard?.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009; 47: 186-190
- Prevention and management of complications of orthognathic surgery.in: Miloro M. Peterson's principles of oral & maxillofacial surgery. 2nd ed. BC Decker, Ontario2004: 1247-1266
- Avoiding surgical complications in orthognathic surgery.in: Ward-Booth P. Schendel S. Hausaman J. Maxillofacial surgery. 2nd ed. Churchill Livingston, London2006: 1259-1274
- Perioperative morbidity in maxillofacial orthopaedic surgery: a retrospective study.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 1996; 24: 263-270
- Intra- and perioperative complications of the Le Fort I osteotomy: a prospective evaluation of 1000 patients.J Craniofac Surg. 2004; 15: 971-977
- Perioperative complications following sagittal split osteotomy of the mandible.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2005; 33: 307-313
- Major vascular complications of orthognathic surgery: false aneurysms and arteriovenous fistulas following orthognathic surgery.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1991; 49: 571-577
- Prevalence of postoperative complications after orthognathic surgery: a 15-year review.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007; 65: 984-992
- Risk factors contributing to symptomatic miniplate removal: a retrospective study of 153 bilateral sagittal split osteotomy patients.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010; 39: 430-435
- Incidence of complications and problems related to orthognathic surgery: a review of 655 patients.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2001; 59: 1128-1136
- A 3-year patient centred follow-up of 516 consecutively treated orthognathic surgery patients.Eur J Orthodont. 2008; 30: 24-30
- Intra- and early postoperative complications of the Le Fort I osteotomy. A retrospective study on 410 cases.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 1991; 19: 217-222
- A retrospective analysis of lingual nerve sensory change after mandibular sagittal split osteotomy.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998; 56: 700-704
- Facial palsy after sagittal split osteotomies. A survey of 1747 sagittal split osteotomies.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 1993; 21: 50-53
- Aseptic necrosis following maxillary osteotomies: report of 36 cases.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1990; 48: 504-509
- Removal of third molars with sagittal split osteotomies: the case for.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004; 62: 1144-1146
- The hierarchy of stability and predictability in orthognathic surgery with rigid fixation: an update and extension.Head Face Med. 2007; 3: 21
- Rigid versus wire fixation for mandibular advancement: skeletal and dental changes after 5 years.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2002; 121: 610-619
- Nasal anatomy and maxillary surgery. II. Unfavorable nasolobial esthetics following the Le Fort I osteotomy.Int J Adult Orthodon Orthognath Surg. 1989; 4: 75-84
- Effects of orthognathic surgery on temporomandibular joint dysfunction: a controlled prospective 4-year follow up study.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2000; 29: 183-187
- Condylar remodelling and resorption after Le Fort I and bimaxillary osteotomies in patients with anterior open bite. A clinical and radiological study.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998; 27: 81-91
- Condylar resorption in orthognathic surgery. The role of intermaxillary fixation.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1994; 78: 138-141
- Long-term evaluation of patients with progressive condylar resorption following orthognathic surgery.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1999; 28: 411-418
- A national review of mandibular orthognathic surgery activity in the National Health Service in England over a nine year period: part 2–patient factors.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009; 47: 274-278