Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Cancer costs: the hidden price of getting treatment.Macmillan Cancer Support, 2006
- Patient time costs associated with cancer care.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007; 99: 14-23
- Patient burden of centralization of head and neck cancer surgery.J Laryngol Otol. 2004; 118: 528-531
- Patients’ perception of the financial impact of head and neck cancer and the relationship to health-related quality of life.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012; 50: 410-416
- “Done more for me in a fortnight than anybody done in all me life.” How welfare rights advice can help people with cancer.BMC Health Serv Res. 2010; 10: 259
- The correlation between indices of deprivation and health-related quality of life in patients with oral and oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006; 44: 177-186
- “More than just money” – widening the understanding of the costs involved in cancer care.J Adv Nurs. 2001; 33: 371-379
- The unclaimed millions.2004 (Available from http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Documents/GetInvolved/Campaigns/Campaigns/the_unclaimed_millions.pdf)
- Cancer and disability benefits: a synthesis of qualitative findings on advice and support.Psychooncology. 2008; 17: 421-429
- Tackling pensioner poverty: encouraging uptake of entitlements.National Audit Office, 2002
- Welfare benefit promotion within a district general hospital rheumatology centre: a joint project with the local Citizens Advice Bureau.Musculoskelet Care. 2008; 6: 211-219
- Citizens’ advice in general practice.BMJ. 1993; 306: 1518-1520
- What do patients with prostate or breast cancer want from an Internet site? A qualitative study of information needs.Patient Educ Couns. 2004; 53: 57-64
- Welfare benefits’ screening and referral: a new direction for community nurses?.Health Soc Care Community. 2000; 8: 390-397
- Proactive, targeted benefits advice for older people in general practice: a feasibility study.Health Soc Care Community. 2003; 11: 124-128
- Lung cancer patients’ perceptions of access to financial benefits: a qualitative study.Br J Gen Pract. 2004; 54: 589-594
Kasparova D, Marsh A, Wilkinson D. The take-up rate of disability living allowance and attendance allowance: feasibility study. Research Report No. 422. Department for Work and Pensions; 2007. Available from: http://dwp.gov.uk.
- Benefits take-up initiative: a good practice guide for local authorities.Local Government Association, London1998
- Patient and carer unmet needs: a survey of the British Association of Head and Neck Oncology Nurses.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 49: 343-348
- Who uses welfare advice services in primary care?.Health Soc Care Community. 2003; 11: 168-174
- It all adds up – financial information for people affected by cancer 2010–2011.Macmillan Cancer Support, 2010
- Money worries? How we can help.Macmillian Cancer Support, 2009
- A quick guide to benefits and financial help.2nd ed. Macmillian Cancer Support, 2010
- Help with the cost of cancer.Macmillan Cancer Support, 2011
Rogers SN, Rozek A, Aleyaasin N, Promod P, Lowe D. Internet use amongst head and neck cancer survivors in the North West of England. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg; in press [BJOMS-D-11-00042], doi:10.1016/j.bjoms.2011.03.264.
- The development of a Patients Concerns Inventory (PCI) to help reveal patients concerns in the head and neck clinic.Oral Oncol. 2009; 45: 555-561