We describe a case of an orthokeratinised odontogenic cyst (OOC) in a 49-year-old man, which presented as a submucosal fluctuant, non-tender, soft nodule distal to the inferior right first molar that could be considered a peripheral counterpart of the intraosseous OOC.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Orthokeratinized odontogenic cyst: a clinicopathologic study of 61 cases.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2010; 134: 271-275
- Orthokeratinized odontogenic cyst: a systematic review.Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2010; 39: 455-467
- Keratocystic odontogenic tumor (odontogenic keratocyst): preliminary retrospective review of epidemiologic, clinical, and radiologic features of 261 lesions from University of Turin.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010; 68: 2994-2999
- In reply.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 69: 1267-1269
- Peripheral odontogenic keratocyst: report of two cases and review of the literature.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2005; 99: 71-78
- Barnes L. Eveson J.W. Reichart P. Pathology and genetics of head and neck tumors. WHO classification of tumors series. IARC, Lyon2005
- Recurrent peripheral odontogenic keratocyst: a case report.Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2008; 37: 412-414
- Peripheral odontogenic keratocyst.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1994; 77: 494-497
- The peripheral odontogenic keratocyst.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1988; 17: 81-83
- Peripheral odontogenic keratocyst: a report of 2 cases.J Periodontol. 2002; 73: 1079-1081
Published online: October 17, 2011
Accepted: September 25, 2011
© 2011 The British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.