Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Psychological implications in temporomandibular pain and dysfunction.Oral Sci Rev. 1976; 7: 3-30
- Depressive and anxiety symptoms as risk factors for temporomandibular joint pain: a prospective cohort study in the general population.J Pain. 2012; 13: 1188-1197
American Pain Society: press release January 16, 2013. Study assesses mood disorders with TMJ pain. Available from URL: http://americanpainsociety.org/about-us/press-room/tmj-pain (last accessed 3 March 2017).
- Association between symptoms of temporomandibular disorders and depression: an epidemiological study of the Northern Finland 1966 birth cohort.Cranio. 2001; 19: 183-187
- Prevalence of temporomandibular disorder subtypes, psychologic distress, and psychosocial dysfunction in Asian patients.J Orofac Pain. 2003; 17: 21-28
- Identification of psychological comorbidity in TMD-patients.Cranio. 2016; 34: 182-187
- McManus S. Meltzer H. Brugha T. Adult psychiatric morbidity in England, 2007: results of a household survey. The NHS Information Centre for health and social care, 2017 (Available from URL: http://www.hscic.gov.uk/catalogue/PUB02931/adul-psyc-morb-res-hou-sur-eng-2007-rep.pdf (last accessed 3 March 2017))
- Cost-effectiveness of a multicondition collaborative care intervention: a randomized controlled trial.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2012; 69: 506-514
- Recognition of depression by non-psychiatric physicians—a systematic literature review and meta-analysis.J Gen Intern Med. 2008; 23: 25-36
- Depression in adults with a chronic health problem: recognition and management (CG91).National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, London2009 (Available from URL: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg91/chapter/1-guidance (last accessed 3 March 2017))
Integrating mental & physical healthcare: research, training & services (IMPARTS). King’s College London. Available from URL: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ioppn/depts/pm/research/imparts/index.aspx (last accessed 3 March 2017).
- Embedding integrated mental health assessment and management in general hospital settings: feasibility, acceptability and the prevalence of common mental disorder.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2014; 36: 318-324
- Diagnostic criteria for temporomandibular disorders (DC/TMD) for clinical and research applications: recommendations of the International RDC/TMD Consortium Network and Orofacial Pain Special Interest Group.J Oral Facial Pain Headache. 2014; 28: 6-27
Adult improving access to psychological therapies programme. NHS England. Available from URL: https://www.england.nhs.uk/mental-health/adults/iapt/ (last accessed 3 March 2017).
- Comparative validity of three screening questionnaires for DSM-IV depressive disorders and physicians' diagnoses.J Affect Disord. 2004; 78: 131-140
- Test-retest reliability of the PRIME-MD: limitations in diagnosing mental disorders in primary care.Eur J Public Health. 2009; 19: 303-307
- The PHQ-9: validity of a brief depression severity measure.J Gen Intern Med. 2001; 16: 606-613
- A brief measure for assessing generalized anxiety disorder: the GAD-7.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1092-1097
- Pain assessment: global use of the Brief Pain Inventory.Ann Acad Med Singapore. 1994; 23: 129-138
- Development and evaluation of the Oral Health Impact Profile.Community Dent Health. 1994; 11: 3-11
- Derivation and validation of a short-form oral health impact profile.Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 1997; 25: 284-290
- The Oral Health Impact Profile: ranking of items for temporomandibular disorders.Eur J Oral Sci. 2011; 119: 169-174
- Psychosocial aspects of temporomandibular disorders and oral health-related quality-of-life.Acta Odontol Scand. 2012; 70: 331-336
- OHIP-TMDs: a patient-reported outcome measure for temporomandibular disorders.Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2015; 43: 461-470
- Development of a brief and effective temporomandibular disorder pain screening questionnaire: reliability and validity.J Am Dent Assoc. 2011; 142: 1183-1191