- What do we mean by web-based learning? A systematic review of the variability of interventions.Med Educ. 2010; 44: 765-774
- Use of a virtual learning environment for training in maxillofacial emergencies: impact on the knowledge and attitudes of staff in accident and emergency departments.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 54: 166-169
- Advances in medical education and practice: student perceptions of the flipped classroom.Adv Med Educ Pract. 2017; 8: 63-73
- Developing a virtual learning course in emergency medicine for F2 doctors.Emerg Med J. 2007; 24: 525-528
- The effectiveness of blended learning in health professions: systematic review and meta-analysis.J Med Internet Res. 2016; 18: e2
- The development and evaluation of a ‘blended’ enquiry based learning model for mental health nursing students: making your experience count.Nurse Educ Today. 2012; 32: 303-308
Brame CJ. Flipping the classroom. Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching, 2013. Available from URL: https://cft. vanderbilt.edu/guides-subpages/flipping-the-classroom/ (last accessed 22 March 2018).
- Retention of content utilizing a flipped classroom approach.Nurs Educ Perspect. 2017; 38: 206-208
- A systematic review of the effectiveness of flipped classrooms in medical education.Med Educ. 2017; 51: 585-597
- Does the concept of the flipped classroom extend to the emergency medicine clinical clerkship?.West J Emerg Med. 2015; 16: 851-855
- Assessment for simulation learning outcomes: a comparison of knowledge and self-reported confidence with observed clinical performance.Nurse Educ Today. 2012; 32: e35-e39
- Interactive learning in oral and maxillofacial radiology.Imaging Sci Dent. 2016; 46: 211-216
- Using Twitter for teaching and learning in an oral and maxillofacial radiology course.J Dent Educ. 2016; 80: 149-155
- Introduction of e-learning in dental radiology reveals significantly improved results in final examination.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2011; 39: 40-48
e-FACE. e-Learning for Healthcare, NHS Health Education England. Available from URL: https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/oral-and-maxillofacial-surgery/ (last accessed 22 March 2018).
What’s included with Articulate 360. Available from URL: https://articulate.com/360 (last accessed 22 March 2018).
- Mobile technology in the perioperative arena: rapid evolution and future disruption.Anesth Analg. 2017; 124: 807-818
- Making the most of person-centred education by integrating flipped and simulated teaching: an exploratory study.Nurse Educ Pract. 2017; 27: 71-77
- Technology and the delivery of the curriculum of the future: opportunities and challenges.Med Teach. 2012; 34: 534-538
- What millennial medical students say about flipped learning.Adv Med Educ Pract. 2017; 8: 487-497