Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Office for National Statistics. Domestic abuse in England and Wales: year ending March 2017. Available from URL: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/bulletins/domesticabuseinenglandandwales/yearendingmarch2017 (last accessed 12 November 2019).
Office for National Statistics. Crime and justice. June 2018. Available from URL: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice (last accessed 12 November 2019).
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Domestic violence and abuse: multi-agency working. Public health guideline [PH50] February 2014. Available from URL: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph50 (last accessed 12 November 2019).
- Trends in maxillofacial injuries in women, 2000-2004.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009; 47: 374-377
- Are head, neck and facial injuries markers of domestic violence?.J Am Dent Assoc. 1996; 127: 757-761
- What victims of domestic violence need from the dental profession.J Dent Ed. 2009; 73: 490-498
- Patterns, aetiology and risk factors of intimate partner violence-related injuries to head, neck and face in Chinese women.BMC Women’s Health. 2014; 14: 6
- Maxillofacial injuries associated with domestic violence.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2001; 59: 1277-1284
- Head, neck, and facial injuries as markers of domestic violence in women.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1999; 57: 760-763
- Intimate partner violence and physical health consequences: policy and practice implications.J Interpers Violence. 2004; 19: 1296-1323
- How far does screening women for a domestic (partner) violence in different health-care settings meet criteria for a screening programme? Systematic reviews of nine UK National Screening Committee criteria.Health Technol Assess. 2009; 13 (iii-iv, xi-xiii): 137-147
- Partner violence during pregnancy: prevalence, effects, screening, and management.Int J Womens Health. 2010; 2: 183-197
- Prevalence of domestic violence when midwives routinely enquire in pregnancy.BJOG. 2004; 111: 441-445
- Screening women for intimate partner violence in healthcare settings.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; 7CD007007
Department of Health and Social Care. Domestic violence and abuse - professional guidance. June 2013. Available from URL: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-abuse-a-resource-for-health-professionals (last accessed 12 November 2019).
General Medical Council. Confidentiality: reporting gunshot and knife wounds. Updated May 2018. Available from URL: https://www.gmc-uk.org/ethical-guidance/ethical-guidance-for-doctors/confidentiality---reporting-gunshot-and-knife-wounds(last accessed 12 November 2019).