When dermal fillers are used by experienced, well-trained practitioners, adverse events occur in fewer than 1% of patients and are typically transient.
1Hyaluronic acid is favoured because of its crosslinking capabilities and low potential for adverse reactions.
- Alam M.
- Kakar R.
- Nodzenski M.
- et al.
Multicenter prospective cohort study of the incidence of adverse events associated with cosmetic dermatologic procedures: lasers, energy devices, and injectable neurotoxins and fillers.
JAMA Dermatol. 2015; 151: 271-277
- Tezel A.
- Fredrickson G.H.
The science of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers.
J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2008; 10: 35-42
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Multicenter prospective cohort study of the incidence of adverse events associated with cosmetic dermatologic procedures: lasers, energy devices, and injectable neurotoxins and fillers.JAMA Dermatol. 2015; 151: 271-277
- The science of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers.J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2008; 10: 35-42
- Management of necrosis. ACE Group: Aesthetic Complications Expert.2016 (Available from URL: https://tinyurl.com/ybozhet6 (last accessed 18 August 2019))
- Can UK undergraduate dental programmes provide training in non-surgical facial aesthetics?.Br Dent J. 2017; 222: 949-953
- Complications of injectable fillers, part 2: vascular complications.Aesthet Surg J. 2014; 34: 584-600
Published online: December 19, 2019
Crown Copyright © 2019 Published by Elsevier Ltd on behalf of The British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. All rights reserved.