Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- The sole provider: preparation for deployment to a medically austere theater.J Spec Oper Med. 2017; 17: 74-81
- Team Echo: observations and lessons learned in the recovery phase of the 2004 Asian tsunami.Prehosp Disaster Med. 2006; 21: s20-s25
- Logistics training: necessity or luxury?.Forced Migration Rev. 2005; 22 (Available from URL: https://www.fmreview.org/education-emergencies/thomas-mizushima (last accessed 12 December 2019)): 60-61
- Trends and developments in humanitarian logistics – a gap analysis.Int J Phys Distrib Logist Manag. 2011; 41: 32-45
- Surgical instrument sets for special operations expeditionary surgical teams.J Spec Oper Med. 2017; 17: 40-45
- Skill sets required for the management of military head, face and neck trauma: a multidisciplinary consensus statement.J R Army Med Corps. 2018; 164: 133-138
- Damage control surgery and combat-related maxillofacial and cervical injuries: a systematic review.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 54: 8-12
- The damage control surgery set: rethinking for contingency.J R Army Med Corps. 2013; 159: 314-315
- Return to contingency: developing a coherent strategy for future R2E/R3 land medical capabilities.J R Army Med Corps. 2015; 161: 5-8
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 1006-1012
- Neurosurgery in Afghanistan during “Operation Enduring Freedom”: a 24-month experience.Neurosurg Focus. 2010; 28: E8
- Battlefield neurosurgical care in the current conflict in southern Afghanistan.Neurosurg Focus. 2010; 28: E7
- Management of neurotrauma by surgeons and orthopedists in a military operational setting.Neurosurg Focus. 2010; 28: E10
- The French mobile neurosurgical unit.Neurosurg Focus. 2010; 28: E13
- Use of neurosurgical decision-making and damage-control neurosurgery courses in the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts: a surgeon’s experience.Neurosurg Focus. 2010; 28: E9
- A neurosurgeon in Iraq: a personal perspective.J Clin Neurosci. 2006; 13: 986-990
- Wartime decompressive craniectomy: technique and lessons learned.Neurosurg Focus. 2010; 28: E2
- Surgery in developing countries.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2008; 1 (author reply 208-9): 108
- Safe management of paediatric penetrating head injury without a CT scanner: a strategy for humanitarian surgeons based on experience in southern Afghanistan.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2016; 98: 198-205
- Syria civil war: outcomes of humanitarian neurosurgical care provided to Syrian wounded refugees in Israel.Brain Inj. 2015; 29: 1370-1375
- Pediatric neurosurgery during Operation Enduring Freedom.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2010; 6: 107-114
- Use of a custom designed external fixator system to treat ballistic injuries to the mandible.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 40: 103-105
- Maxillofacial trauma treatment protocol.Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2005; 17 (vii): 341-355
- Distribution of civilian and military maxillofacial surgical procedures performed in an Air Force theatre hospital: implications for training and readiness.J R Army Med Corps. 2010; 156: 117-121
- Five months of surgery in the multinational field hospital in Afghanistan with an emphasis on oral and maxillofacial injuries.J R Army Med Corps. 2010; 156: 125-128
- Mandibular fractures in British military personnel secondary to blast trauma sustained in Iraq and Afghanistan.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 49: 607-611
- Clinical strategies in the management of complex maxillofacial injuries sustained by British military personnel.J R Army Med Corps. 2010; 156: 110-113
- The treatment of maxillofacial trauma in austere conditions.Atlas Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2013; 21: 9-14
- Facial trauma care in the austere environment.J Spec Oper Med. 2018; 18: 62-66
- Cleft and craniofacial care during military pediatric plastic surgery humanitarian missions.J Craniofac Surg. 2015; 26: 1097-1101
- Maximising outcomes for maxillofacial injuries from improvised explosive devices by deployed health care personnel.ADF Health. 2008; 9: 36-42
Rapid IMF device: temporary mandibular fixation device. Synthes. Available from URL: http://synthes.vo.llnwd.net/o16/LLNWMB8/US%20Mobile/Synthes%20North%20America/Product%20Support%20Materials/Technique%20Guides/MXTGRapidIMFJ5823D.pdf (last accessed 10 December 2019).
MatrixWAVE™ MMF system. DePuy Synthes. Available from URL: https://www.depuysynthes.com/hcp/cmf/products/qs/matrixwave-mmf-system (last accessed 10 December 2019).
SMARTLock Hybrid MMF system. Stryker. Available from URL: https://cmf.stryker.com/products/smartlock-hybrid-mmf (last accessed 10 December 2019).
MMF module. KLS Martin. Available from URL: http://www.klsmartinnorthamerica.com/products/implants/maxillofacial/titanium-peek-osteosynthesis/mandible/mmf-module/ (last accessed 10 December 2019).
BOS driver and drill. KLS Martin. Available from URL: http://www.klsmartinnorthamerica.com/products/implants/maxillofacial/titanium-peek-osteosynthesis/special-accessories/bos-driver-drill/ (last accessed 10 December 2019).
MatrixPRO™ driver. DePuy Synthes. Available from URL: https://www.depuysynthes.com/hcp/cmf/products/qs/MATRIX_PRO_Driver (last accessed 10 December 2019).
- Lessons learned in oral and maxillofacial surgery from British military deployments in Afghanistan.J R Army Med Corps. 2010; 156: 113-116
- Hoffman II external fixator techniques--a work-around to use small pins in large clamps.J R Army Med Corps. 2010; 156: 214
- Contemporary management of maxillofacial ballistic trauma.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017; 55: 661-665
- The immediate lifesaving management of maxillofacial, life-threatening haemorrhages due to IED and/or shrapnel injuries: “when hazard is in hesitation, not in the action”.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2012; 40: 534-540
- Ballistic maxillofacial trauma.in: Breeze J. Penn-Barwell J.G. Keene D. Ballistic trauma: a practical guide. Springer, 2017: 237-255
- Training Australian military health care personnel in the primary care of maxillofacial wounds from improvised explosive devices.J R Army Med Corps. 2010; 156: 121-124