Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- The hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy.Arthur Barker Ltd, 1979
- The tyranny of metrics.Princeton University Press, 2018
- Embracing complexity in health and health care – translating a way of thinking into a way of acting.J Eval Clin Pract. 2018; 24: 598-599
- Evidence‐based medicine - not a panacea for the problems of a complex adaptive world.J Eval Clin Pract. 2019; 25: 706-716
- Systems thinking for strengthening health systems in LMICs: need for a paradigm shift.Health Policy Plan. 2012; 27: iv1-3
- Changing how we think about healthcare improvement.BMJ. 2018; 361: k2014
- The systems approach to medicine: controversy and misconceptions.BMJ Qual Saf. 2015; 24: 7-9
- Studying complexity in health services research: desperately seeking an overdue paradigm shift.BMC Med. 2018; 16: 95
- A systems approach to healthcare: from thinking to practice.Future Healthc J. 2018; 5: 151-155
- Embracing uncertainty, managing complexity: applying complexity thinking principles to transformation efforts in healthcare systems.BMC Health Serv Res. 2018; 18: 192
- When complexity science meets implementation science: a theoretical and empirical analysis of systems change.BMC Med. 2018; 16: 63
- Simple rules for evidence translation in complex systems: a qualitative study.BMC Med. 2018; 16: 92
- Grip on health: a complex systems approach to transform health care.J Eval Clin Pract. 2018; 24: 269-277
- Bringing a life and complex systems science to population health research.Artif Life. 2018; 24: 220-223
International Society for Systems and Complexity Sciences for Health (ISSCSH). Available from URL: https://www.isscsh.org (last accessed 20 December 2019).
Complex Systems Society. Available from URL: https://cssociety.org (last accessed 20 December 2019).
- Walsh R. Stepney S. Narrating complexity. Springer Nature, 2018
- Thinking (in) complexity: (in) definitions and (mis)conceptions.Syst Res Behav Sci. 2019; (Available from URL: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/sres.2612 (last accessed 20 December 2019))
- Wicked problems: implications for public policy and management.Administration & Society. 2015; 47: 711-739
Maxfacts. Available from URL: https://maxfacts.uk (last accessed 20 December 2019).
- Making and working of a new electronic resource for patients, carers and professionals: maxfacts.uk.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2018; 56: 14-18
- Medicine and the McNamara fallacy.J R Coll Physicians Edinb. 2017; 47: 281-287
- Complex systems, part II: a case study of cross-disciplinary working.(In preparation)2019
- Leading article: What has an Airbus A380 captain got to do with OMFS? Lessons from aviation to improve patient safety.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2019; 57: 407-411