Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- A systems approach to organizational error.Ergonomics. 1995; 38: 1708-1721
- Prevalence, severity, and nature of preventable patient harm across medical care settings: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2019; 366: l4185
Kennedy I. The report of the public inquiry into children’s heart surgery at the Bristol Royal Infirmary 1984–1995: learning from Bristol. Final Report 2001 Government Document CM 5207/1. Available from URL: http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sites3/documents/441/The%20Kennedy%20Report.pdf (last accessed 2 January 2020).
- Error, stress, and teamwork in medicine and aviation: cross sectional surveys.BMJ. 2000; 320: 745-749
- Human error: models and management.BMJ. 2000; 320: 768
- Opening the door to change Report.2018 (Available from URL: https://www.cqc.org.uk/sites/default/files/20181224_openingthedoor_report.pdf (last accessed 2 January 2020))
- Will human factors restore faith in the GMC?.BMJ. 2019; 364: l1037
Klinect J, Murray P, Merritt A, et al. Line operation safety audits (LOSA): definition and operating characteristics. 12th International Symposium on Aviation Psychol-ogy. Dayton, OH: The Ohio State University. 2003. Available from URL: https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/maintenance_hf/losa/publications/media/klinect_operatingcharacteristics2003.pdf (last accessed 2 January 2020).
- Whither CRM? Future directions in Crew Resource Management training in the cockpit and elsewhere.in: International Symposium on Aviation Psychology. Vol. 1 and 2, Columbus, OH: The Ohio State University1993 (Available from URL: https://www2.anac.gov.br/arquivos/pdf/futureDirectionsInCrmCockpitAndElsewhere.PDF (last accessed 2 January 2020))
- Adaptive coordination and heedfulness make better cockpit crews.Ergonomics. 2010; 53: 211-228
- Crew Resource Management in the Intensive Care Unit: a prospective 3-year cohort study.Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2015; 59: 1319-1329
- Safe Surgery Saves Lives Study Group. A surgical safety checklist to reduce morbidity and mortality in a global population.N Engl J Med. 2009; 29: 491-499
- Transferring aviation practices into clinical medicine for the promotion of high reliability.Aerosp Med Hum Perform. 2017; 88: 487-491
- Implementing human factors in clinical practice.Emerg Med J. 2015; 32: 368-372
- Human Error.Cambridge University Press, 1990
- Models of threat, error, and CRM in flight operations.in: Proc 10th Internatl Sym Aviation Psychol, Columbus, OH: Ohio State University1999: 677-682 (Available from URL: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.188.3717&rep=rep1&type=pdf (last accessed 2 January 2020))
- Good people who try their best can have problems: recognition of human factors and how to minimise error.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 54: 3-7
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration “threat and error” model applied to pediatric cardiac surgery: error cycles precede ∼85% of patient deaths.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2015; 149: 496-507
- Preventing error in the operating room: five teaching strategies for high-stakes learning.J Surg Res. 2019; 236: 12-21
- Situational awareness - what it means for clinicians, its recognition and importance in patient safety.Oral Dis. 2017; 23: 721-725
- Effects of a startle stimulus on response speed and inhibition in a go/no-go task.Psychophysiology. 2015; 52: 745-753
- Improving patient safety: we need to reduce hierarchy and empower junior doctors to speak up.BMJ. 2019; 366: l4461
- Surgical specimen handover from the operating theatre to laboratory - Can we improve patient safety by learning from aviation and other high-risk organisations?.J Oral Pathol Med. 2018; 47: 117-120
Sage, A. How the Gatwick Drone incident resulted in dozens of diversions. National Air Traffic Services (NATS) Blog. Available from URL: https://nats.aero/blog/2019/05/how-the-gatwick-drone-incident-resulted-in-dozens-of-diversions (last accessed 2 January 2020).
- Medical error, incident investigation and the second victim: doing better but feeling worse?.BMJ Qual Saf. 2012; 21: 267-270