Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Toothaches and death.J Hist Dent. 1999; 47: 11-13
- Severe odontogenic infections.Aust Dent J. 2005; 50: S74-S81
- Morbidity and mortality in patients admitted with submandibular space infections to the intensive care unit.Anaesth Intensive Care. 2015; 43: 420-422
- Analysis of systemic and local odontogenic infection complications requiring hospital care.J Infect. 2008; 57: 116-122
- Is there an epidemic of admissions for surgical treatment of dental abscesses in the UK?.BMJ. 2008; 336: 1219-1220
- Does restriction of public health care dental benefits affect the volume, severity, or cost of dental-related hospital visits?.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017; 75: 467-474
- Changes in admission rates for spreading odontogenic infection resulting from changes in government policy about the dental schedule and remunerations.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 49: 26-28
- Toothache pain: a comparison of visits to physicians, emergency departments and dentists.J Am Dent Assoc. 2008; 139: 1205-1216
- Anatomical considerations in the diagnosis and management of acute maxillofacial bacterial infections.Aust Dent J. 1996; 41: 238-245
- An unusual case of a brain abscess arising from an odontogenic infection.Aust Dent J. 2015; 60: 532-535
- Descending necrotizing mediastinitis: complication of a simple dental infection.Ann Emerg Med. 1997; 29: 683-686
- Toxic shock syndrome secondary to a dental abscess.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1999; 28: 60-61
- Cervical necrotizing fasciitis caused by dental infection: a review and case report.Natl J Maxillofac Surg. 2010; 1: 135-138
- Pregnancy complicated by Ludwig’s angina requiring delivery.Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 2010158264
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Population by age and sex, Queensland, Jun 2004. Available from URL: https://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]/DetailsPage/3235.3.55.001Jun%202004?OpenDocument (last accessed 9 January 2020).
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Regional population growth, Australia, 2013–14: Queensland - state summary. Available from URL: https://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]/Previousproducts/3218.0Main%20Features302013-14?opendocument&tabname=Summary&prodno=3218.0&issue=2013-14&num=&view= (last accessed 9 January 2020).
- Experiences in the implementation of a national policy: a retrospective analysis of the Australian Chronic Dental Disease Scheme.Australas Med J. 2012; 5: 551-559
- Major maxillofacial infections. An evaluation of 107 cases.Aust Dent J. 1995; 40: 281-288
- Dental emergencies presenting to a general hospital emergency department in Hobart, Australia.Aust Dent J. 2014; 59: 329-333
- Changing clinical features of odontogenic maxillofacial infections.Clin Oral Investig. 2010; 14: 459-465
- A broad spectrum retrospective study of odontogenic infection pattern and management at a Canadian tertiary care hospital.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013; 42: 1303
- Cervicofacial infection of dental origin presenting to maxillofacial surgery units in the United Kingdom: a national audit.Br Dent J. 2009; 206: 73-78
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Guidance on the extraction of wisdom teeth. Technology appraisal guidance published 27 March 2000. Available from URL: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta1/resources/guidance-on-the-extraction-of-wisdom-teeth-pdf-63732983749 (last accessed 9 January 2020).
- The undergraduate preparation of dentists: confidence levels of final year dental students at the School of Dentistry in Cardiff.Br Dent J. 2016; 221: 349-354
- Outcomes in patients hospitalized for periapical abscess in the United States.J Am Dent Assoc. 2010; 141: 1107-1116
- Factors associated with length of stay and hospital charges for patients hospitalized with mouth cellulitis.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2012; 113: 21-28
- Characteristics and cost impact of severe odontogenic infections.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2012; 114: 558-566
- Morbidity and cost of odontogenic infections.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013; 149: 84-88
- Hospital emergency department visits attributed to pulpal and periapical disease in the United States in 2006.J Endod. 2011; 37: 6-9