Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Thromboprophylaxis in surgical patients.Can J Surg. 2003; 46: 129-135
- Predicting anticoagulant-related bleeding in patients with venous thromboembolism: a clinically oriented review.Eur Respir J. 2015; 45: 201-210
- Epidemiology and risk factors for venous thrombosis.Semin Hematol. 2007; 44: 62-69
- Assessment of the epidemiological profile of patients with dentofacial deformities who underwent orthognathic surgery.J Craniofac Surg. 2013; 24: e271-5
- Thromboembolic disease and thromboprophylaxis in oral and maxillofacial surgery: experience and practice.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1995; 33: 101-106
- Elevated activation markers of coagulation in patients undergoing orthognathic surgery.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998; 27: 374-376
- Major vascular complications of orthognathic surgery: hemorrhage associated with Le Fort I osteotomies.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1990; 48: 561-573
- Blood loss in orthognathic surgery: a systematic review.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 69: 885-892
- Deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis in oral and maxillofacial surgery: a Brazilian survey.Indian J Dent Res. 2012; 23: 519-523
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.BMJ. 2009; 339: b2535
Kent S, Ananth S. Systematic review of thromboprophylaxis in orthognathic surgery patients. PROSPERO 2019 CRD42019127545.11 Available from URL: https://www.crd.york.ac.uk/PROSPERO/display_record.php?RecordID=127545. (last accessed 6 January 2020).
ResearchGate. Available from URL: www.researchgate.com. (last accessed 6 January 2020).
Wells GA, Shea B, O’Connell D, et al. The Newcastle-Ottawa Scale (NOS) for assessing the quality of nonrandomised studies in meta-analyses. The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute. Available from: http://www.ohri.ca/programs/clinical_epidemiology/oxford.asp. (last accessed 6 January 2020).
- Perioperative morbidity in maxillofacial orthopaedic surgery: a retrospective study.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 1996; 24: 263-270
- Aprotinin reduces blood loss and the need for transfusion in orthognathic surgery.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2001; 39: 365-370
- An audit of venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in orthognathic surgery.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015; 53 (Available from URL: https://www.bjoms.com/article/S0266-4356(15)00315-0/fulltext (last accessed 6 January 2020)): e40-e41
- Incidence of complications and problems related to orthognathic surgery: a review of 655 patients.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2001; 59: 1128-1137
- Symptomatic venous thromboembolism after orthognathic operations: an audit.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006; 44: 389-392
- Prevalence of postoperative complications after orthognathic surgery: a 15-year review.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007; 65: 984-992
- Severe vascular complications of Le Fort I osteotomy.Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac. 2012; 113 (In French): 14-18
- Symptomatic venous thromboembolism in orthognathic surgery and distraction osteogenesis: a retrospective cohort study of 4127 patients.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2014; 52: 401-404
- Complications after orthognathic surgery: our experience on 423 cases.Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017; 21: 171-177
- Incidence of venous thromboembolism in oral and maxillofacial surgery: a retrospective analysis.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010; 39: 256-259
- Prospective study of venous thromboembolism in patients with head and neck cancer after surgery.JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013; 139: 1143-1150
- Prevention of bleeding in orthognathic surgery—a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 74: 139-150
- Tranexamic acid administration is associated with an increased risk of posttraumatic venous thromboembolism.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2019; 86: 20-27
- Duration and magnitude of the postoperative risk of venous thromboembolism in middle aged women: prospective cohort study.BMJ. 2009; 339: b4583
- Antithrombotic therapy for venous thromboembolism and prevention of thrombosis in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery: state of the art review.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018; 158: 627-636
- Thrombosis risk assessment as a guide to quality patient care.Dis Mon. 2005; 51: 70-78