Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Boxing. Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing. Published June 20, 2021. Accessed June 23, 2021.
Gormley L. 10 Fighters Who Died in The Ring – Tragic Accidents. Casino.org Blog. https://www.casino.org/blog/10-fighters-who-died-in-the-ring/. Published May 5, 2020. Accessed June 23, 2021.
- Boxing Injuries Presenting to U.S. Emergency Departments, 1990–2008.Am J Prevent Med. 2011; 40: 462-467https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2010.12.018
- The risk of chronic traumatic brain injury in professional boxing: change in exposure variables over the past century * Commentary.Br J Sports Med. 2005; 39: 661-664https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2004.017046
- Neurologic Injuries in Boxing and Other Combat Sports.Neurol Clin. 2008; 26: 257-270https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ncl.2007.11.004
- Boxing and the risk of chronic brain injury.BMJ. 2007; 335: 781-782https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39352.454792.80
- Chronic Traumatic Brain Injury Associated with Boxing.Semin Neurol. 2000; 20: 179-186https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2000-9826
- Amateur boxing and risk of chronic traumatic brain injury: systematic review of observational studies.BMJ. 2007; 335: 809https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39342.690220.55
- I traumatismi maxillo-facciali nelle pratiche sportive: il pugilato [Maxillofacial injuries in sports: boxing].Minerva Stomatol. 1984; 33 (Italian. PMID: 6143247): 203-207
National Electronic Injury Surveillance System: NEISS Coding Manual, January 2019, Available at: https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/2019_NEISS_Coding_Manual.pdf, Accessed March 24, 2020.
Nevada's Top 35 Boxing Largest Grossing Gates. Top Boxing Gates. https://boxing.nv.gov/results/Top_Boxing_Gates/. Accessed June 23, 2021.
Echeverria G. HOME. International Boxing Federation. https://www.ibf-usba-boxing.com/index.php/rules. Accessed June 23, 2021.
HFR, By, -, Health Fitness Revolution http://www.healthfitnessrevolution.org HFR is an extremely motivated movement of people who want to create a healthier and fitter world www.healthfitnessrevolution.org, Health Fitness Revolution, HFR is an extremely motivated movement of people who want to create a healthier and fitter world www.healthfitnessrevolution.org. Top 10 Health Benefits of Knowing Self-Defense. Health Fitness Revolution. https://www.healthfitnessrevolution.com/top-10-health-benefits-knowing-self-defense/. Published July 16, 2020. Accessed June 23, 2021.
TheUndefeated. The rise of women's boxing. The Undefeated. https://theundefeated.com/features/the-rise-of-womens-boxing/. Published November 16, 2016. Accessed June 23, 2021.
Ho L. Boxing Target Areas. Straight to Boxing. https://straight2boxing.com/2018/05/15/target-areas-in-boxing/. Published June 20, 2020. Accessed June 23, 2021.
- Injury Risk in Professional Boxing.South Med J. 2005; 98: 994-998https://doi.org/10.1097/01.smj.0000182498.19288.e2
- Balance, Proprioception, and Gross Motor Development of Chinese Children Aged 3 to 6 Years.J Mot Behav. 2017; 50: 343-352https://doi.org/10.1080/00222895.2017.1363694
- Age-Related Aspects of Cutaneous Wound Healing: A Mini-Review.Gerontology. 2013; 59: 159-164https://doi.org/10.1159/000342344
- Aging, Physical Activity and Sports Injuries.Sports Med. 1995; 20: 41-52https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-199520010-00004