Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
British Medical Association. The impact of punitive pension taxation rules on doctors and the delivery of NHS services. Available from URL: https://www.bma.org.uk/media/2002/bma-briefing-on-the-impact-of-pension-taxation-jan-2020.pdf (2020) (last accessed 10 November 2021).
British Medical Association. McCloud pension consultation judgement. Avaialble from URL: McCloud pension consultation judgement (bma.org.uk) (last accessed 10 November 2021.
UK Government. Information on the National Clinical Excellence Awards scheme. Available from URL: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/reforming-the-national-clinical-excellence-awards-scheme (last accessed 10 November 2021).
- UK Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery trainees join the specialist list at a similar age to other surgical specialists.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1268-1272
Department of Work and Pensions. DWP annual report and accounts 2020 to 2021 - GOV.UK. Available from URL: DWP annual report and accounts 2020 to 2021 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) (last accessed 10 November 2021).
- Workforce intelligence: what data do we need to collect to understand trends in substantive oral and maxillofacial surgery consultant posts? A retrospective review and plan for the future.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1317-1324
- Changing trends in consultant practice and breast training in the UK.Bull R Coll Surg Engl. 2015; 97: E11-E14
- Gender in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) – trends and comparisons.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 54: e127-e128
- Changes in United Kingdom oral and maxillofacial surgical specialty trainees since 1995 – numbers, gender, first degrees, and nations of origin.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1325-1332
- Why doctors consider leaving UK medicine: qualitative analysis of comments from questionnaire surveys three years after graduation.J R Soc Med. 2018; 111: 18-30
- Non-clinical demands are pushing experienced UK surgeons out of the NHS.Int J Healthcare Manage. 2016; 9: 163-168
- A fifth of surgeons in England are female.BMJ. 2018; 363k4530
- Doctors’ early retirement will increase.BMJ. 2021; 374n1834
Pension tax driving half of doctors to retire early | RCP London. Available from URL: https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/news/pension-tax-driving-half-doctors-retire-early (last accessed 10 November 2021).
- Burnout within UK surgical specialties: a systematic review.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2021; 103: 464-470
British Medical Association. Written evidence submitted by BMA to the Government. https://committees.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/25712/pdf/.
Royal College of Surgeons in England. RCS Survey on the NHS Pension Scheme Report of Finding. Available from URL: https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/-/media/files/rcs/news-and-events/2019/rcs-survey-on-nhs-pension-scheme-2019.pdf (2020) (last accessed 10 November 2021).
Freeze on pension lifetime allowance would have serious impact on medical workforce, warns BMA - BMA media centre - BMA. Available from URL: https://www.bma.org.uk/bma-media-centre/freeze-on-pension-lifetime-allowance-would-have-serious-impact-on-medical-workforce-warns-bma (last accessed 10 November 2021).
Department of Health and Social Care. NHS Pension Scheme pension flexibility: response to consultation. Available from URL: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/nhs-pension-scheme-increased-flexibility (last accessed 10 November 2021).
Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AMRC). Medical careers: A flexible approach in later years. Available from URL: https://www.aomrc.org.uk/reports-guidance/medical-careers-flexible-approach-later-years/ (last accessed 10 November 2021).
Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynacology. Retaining O&G Doctors in the Workforce for Longer Later Career and Retirement Report 2020. Available from URL: https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalassets/documents/careers-and-training/workplace-and-workforce-issues/later-career-report/later-career-retirement-report.pdf (last accessed 10 November 2021).
Royal College of Anaesthetists, Respected, Valued, Retained: Working Together to Improve Retention in Anaesthesia, https://rcoa.ac.uk/sites/default/files/documents/2021-09/Respected_valued_retained2021_0.pdf, 2021.
- Assessing the performance of aging surgeons.JAMA. 2019; 321: 449-450
The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go (Official Audio) - YouTube. Available from URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM (last accessed 10 November 2021).
BMA. Consultant workforce shortages and solutions: Now and in the future. Available from URL: https://www.bma.org.uk/ media/3429/bma-consultant-workforce-shortages-and-solutions-oct-2020.pdf (last accessed 10 November 2021).
- Changing the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) training pathway in the United Kingdom – an illustrative retrospective.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1261-1267
- Three changes to reduce the loss of dual degree trainees from OMFS national specialty selection in the UK: evidence based proposals.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2021; (online ahead of print))
- The UK Mentoring and Support Programme (MSP) for those considering a career in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS). A review of a ‘Register Interest in OMFS’ website and the MSP as two key resources created by the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons to promote recruitment and retention (2008–2020).Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2021; 59: 935-940
Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board. PMETB report on training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS). Available from URL: https://www.baoms.org.uk/_userfiles/pages/files/Professionals/Education and Training/2008 PMETB Report into Training OMFS.pdf (last accessed 10 November 2021).
British Medical Association (BMA): Working in the Peri-retirement Period; possible changes to working practices including retire and return (Accessed 18 November 2021), 2021.