Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Does the MRCS exam fulfil its purpose in surgical professions?.Bull R Coll Surg Engl. 2021 Oct 1; 103: 344-350
Ellis R, Scrimgeour DSG, Brennan PA. The personal cost of postgraduate medical exams: Are we asking too much of trainees? Br Med J [Internet]. 2021 Feb 2 [cited 2021 May 21];thebmjopinion. Available from: https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/02/02/the-personal-cost-of-postgraduate-medical-exams-are-we-asking-too-much-of-trainees/
- Which factors predict success in the mandatory UK postgraduate surgical exam: The Intercollegiate Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS)?.Surg J R Coll Surg Edinb Irel. 2018; 16: 220-226
- Does performance at medical school predict success at the Intercollegiate Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) examination? A retrospective cohort study.BMJ Open. 2021; 11e046615
- Does the Intercollegiate Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) examination predict ‘on-the-job’ performance during UK higher specialty surgical training?.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2018; 100: 669-675
The Royal College – Our Professional Home. An independent review on diversity and inclusion for the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Review conducted by Baroness Helena Kennedy QC. [Internet]. 2021 [cited 2021 Apr 23]. Available from: https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/-/media/files/rcs/about-rcs/about-our-mission/rcs-diversity-report--30-march-1.pdf
- Relative progress and academic performance of graduate vs undergraduate entrants to an Australian medical school.BMC Med Educ. 2019 May; 22: 159
- Comparative attainment of 5-year undergraduate and 4-year graduate entry medical students moving into foundation training.BMC Med Educ. 2009 Dec; 22: 76
Reports on the progress of doctors in training split by postgraduate body. General Medical Council. [Internet]. [cited 2020 May 19]. Available from: https://www.gmc-uk.org/education/reports-and-reviews/progression-reports
Pyne Y, Ben-Shlomo Y. Older doctors and progression through specialty training in the UK: a cohort analysis of General Medical Council data. BMJ Open. 2015 Feb 1;5(2):e005658.