Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Royal College of Surgeons of England. Statistics: women in surgery. Available from URL: https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/careers-in-surgery/women-in-surgery/statistics [last accessed 4 January 2022].
NHS Digital. Medical and dental staff by gender, specialty and grade AH2667. 28 February 2010 to 28 February 2019. Available from URL: https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/find-data-and-publications/supplementary-information/2019-supplementary-information-files/medical-and-dental-staff-by-gender-specialty-and-grade-ah2667 [last accessed 4 January 2022].
Royal College of Surgeons of England. The Royal College - our professional home. An independent review on diversity and inclusion for the Royal College of Surgeons of England. An exciting call for radical change. March 2021. Available from URL: https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/-/media/files/rcs/about-rcs/about-our-mission/rcs-diversity-report--22-march-1.pdf [last accessed 4 January 2022].
- Women in surgery.Bull: Roy College Surg England. 2019; 101: 12-14
BAOMS statement on inclusion equality & diversity, January 2020. Available from URL: https://www.baoms.org.uk/about/inclusion_equity_and_diversity.aspx#:~:text=BAOMS%20Statement%20on%20Inclusion%2C%20Equity,Sat%20Parmar%2C%20Immediate%20Past%20President&text=OMFS%20and%20BAOMS%20are%20both,members%20creates%20vitality%20and%20success [last accessed 4 January 2022].
- A systematic review of the factors affecting choice of surgery as a career.Can J Surg. 2018; 61: 58-67
- Gender representation in leadership roles in UK surgical societies.Int J Surg. 2019; 67: 32-36
- Perceived gender-based barriers to careers in academic surgery.Am J Surg. 2013; 206: 263-268
- Gender representation in editorial boards of international general surgery journals.BJS Open. 2021; 5 (zraa064)
- Gender distribution among surgical journals’ editorial boards: empowering women surgeon scientists.Surgery. 2021; 169: 1346-1351