Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Number of women entering medical school rises after decade of decline.BMJ. 2018; 360: k254
Higher Education Statistics Authority. HE students by CAH level 1 and sex. Available from URL: https://www.hesa.ac.uk/data-and-analysis/students/what-study (last accessed 14 June 2022).
NHS Digital. Medical and dental staff by gender, specialty and grade AH2667. 28 February 2010 to 28 February 2019. Available from URL: https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/find-data-and-publications/supplementary-information/2019-supplementary-information-files/medical-and-dental-staff-by-gender-specialty-and-grade-ah2667 (last accessed 14 June 2022).
- Gender representation in leadership roles in UK surgical societies.Int J Surg. 2019; 67: 32-36
- A systematic review of the factors affecting choice of surgery as a career.Canad J Surg. 2018; 61: 58-67
- “A good career choice for women”: female medical students’ mentoring experiences: a multi-institutional qualitative study.Acad Med. 2013; 88: 527-534
- Is there still a glass ceiling for women in academic surgery?.Ann Surg. 2011; 253: 637-643
Royal College of Surgeons of England. Statistics: Women in surgery. Available from URL: https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/careers-in-surgery/women-in-surgery/statistics (last accessed 14 June 2022).
Royal College of Surgeons of England. The Royal College - Our Professional Home. An independent review on diversity and inclusion for the Royal College of Surgeons of England. An exciting call for radical change. March 2021. Available from URLt: https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/-/media/files/rcs/about-rcs/about-our-mission/rcs-diversity-report--22-march-1.pdf (last accessed 14 June 2022).
BAOMS Statement on Inclusion, Equity & Diversity, January 2020 Available from URL: https://www.baoms.org.uk/about/inclusion_equity_and_diversity.aspx#collapse0 (last accessed 14 June 2022).
- O45 Gender representation in the authorship of surgical journals.BJS. 2021; 108
- Trends in female authorship in high impact surgical journals between 2008 and 2018.Ann Surg. 2022; 275: e115-e123
- Trends and comparison of female first authorship in high impact medical journals: observational study (1994–2014).BMJ. 2016; 352: i847
- Trends in authorship in anesthesiology journals.Anesthes Analg. 2019; 129: 306-310
- Gender trends in authorship in oral and maxillofacial surgery literature: a 30-year analysis.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015; 43: 913-997
- The proportion of female authors in oral and maxillofacial surgery literature has not changed in 20 years.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 78: 877-881
Jones M, Montgomery J, Thomas S. Flexible training has matured. BMJ Careers 2008. Available from URL: http://careers.bmj.com/careers/advice/view-article.html?id=3062 (last accessed 14 June 2022).
- A woman’s place is in theatre: women’s perceptions and experiences of working in surgery from the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland women in surgery working group.BMJ Open. 2019; 9: e024349
- Less than full-time training in surgery: a cross-sectional study evaluating the accessibility and experiences of flexible training in the surgical trainee workforce.BMJ Open. 2016; 6: e010136
- Pregnancy among women surgeons: trends over time.Arch Surg. 2012; 147: 474-479
- Perceived obstacles to career success for women in academic surgery.Arch Surg. 2000; 135: 972-977
- Gender representation within editorial leadership positions of oral and maxillofacial journals.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2021; 23 (S0266-4356(21)00405-8(Online ahead of print))
- Are women adequately represented in leadership roles in oral and maxillofacial surgery? A 10-year retrospective evaluation of society leadership and journal editorial boards.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2021; 79: e90-e91
- Gender trends in radiology authorship: a 35-year analysis.Am J Roentgen. 2016; 206: 3-7
- Women in surgery.The Bulletin, RCS England. 2019; 101: 12-14