Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
CDC. Healthy Pets, Healthy People. https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/pets/dogs.html. Published 202Accessed December 18, 2021.
Wikipedia. Dog. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog. Published 2021. Accessed December 18, 2021.
Association AVM. Market research statistics - U.S. Pet Ownership 2012. https://www.avma.org/resources/reports-statistics/market-research-statistics-us-pet-ownership-2012. Published 2012. Accessed December 20th, 2021.
- Severe attacks by dogs: characteristics of the dogs, the victims, and the attack settings.Public Health Rep. 1985; 100: 55-61
CDC. Dog-Bite-Related Fatalities -- United States, 1995-1996. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00047723.htm. Published 1997. Accessed December 18, 2021.
- Dog-Bite Injuries to the Craniofacial Region: An Epidemiologic and Pattern-of-Injury Review at a Level 1 Trauma Center.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 78: 401-413
- Analysis of Pediatric Dog Bite Injuries at a Level 1 Trauma Center Over 10 Years.Ann Plast Surg. 2021;86(6S Suppl 5):S510–S516.;
- Dog bite injuries in children: Clinical implications for head involvement.Trauma. 2016; 18: 210-215
- Dog Bite Injuries in the Head and Neck Region: A 20-Year Review.Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr. 2019; 12: 199-204
- Mandibular fracture in a child resulting from a dog attack: a case report.Case Rep Dent. 2011; 2011659756
- Mandible and Zygomatic Fracture in a 2-Year-Old Patient due to Dog Bite.Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr. 2013; 6: 137-142
- Dog bites of the scalp, face, and neck in children.Laryngoscope. 2003; 113: 492-495
Holmquist L, Elixhauser A. Emergency Department Visits and Inpatient Stays Involving Dog Bites, 2008: Statistical Brief #101. In: Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Statistical Briefs. Rockville (MD)2006.
- Analysis of pediatric facial dog bites.Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr. 2013; 6: 225-232
- Racial/ethnic and socioeconomic variations in hospital length of stay: A state-based analysis.Medicine (Baltimore). 2021; 100e25976
- Pediatric facial fractures from dog bites.Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013; 29: 179-182
- Dog-Bite-Related Craniofacial Fractures among Pediatric Patients: A Case Series and Review of Literature.Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr. 2018; 11: 249-255
- Morbidity of pediatric dog bites: a case series at a level one pediatric trauma center.J Pediatr Surg. 2015; 50: 343-346
- Pit Bull attack causing limb threatening vascular trauma -A case series.Int J Surg Case Rep. 2018; 42: 133-137
- Management of vascular trauma from dog bites.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 58: 1346-1352
Cawley OV, Walsh AS, Asghar I, Desmarowitz HU, Antoniou GA. Arterial Injury in the Upper Limb Resulting from Dog Bite. Ann Vasc Surg. 2018;49:314 e315-314 e310.
- An economic appraisal of lower extremity bypass graft maintenance.J Vasc Surg. 2000; 32: 1-12
- Use of outpatient preoperative evaluation to decrease length of stay for vascular surgery.Anesth Analg. 1997; 85: 1307-1311
Weiss AJ, Elixhauser A. Overview of Hospital Stays in the United States, 2012: Statistical Brief #180. In: Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Statistical Briefs. Rockville (MD)2006.
- The management of bite wounds in children–a retrospective analysis at a level I trauma centre.Injury. 2012; 43: 2117-2121