Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2012 – The year when BAOMS and its officers prevented closure of all UK shortened medical and dental courses.Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 2020; 58: 1343-1347
- Three changes to reduce the loss of dual degree trainees from OMFS national specialty selection in the UK: evidence based proposals.Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 2022; 60: 36-41
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) Consultant Workforce in the UK: reducing consultant numbers resulting from recruitment issues, pension pressures, changing job-plans, and demographics when combined with the COVID backlog in elective surgery, requires urgent action.Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 2022; 60: 14-19
Magennis, P. & Man, A. OMFS UEMS Register of Surgical Experience (logbook). (2022).
- The UK Mentoring and Support Programme (MSP) for those considering a career in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS). A review of a ‘Register Interest in OMFS’ website and the MSP as two key resources created by the British Association of Oral and Maxillo.Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 2021; 59: 935-940
Magennis, P. BAOMS Mentoring and Support Programme (MSP) | British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. BAOMS Website https://www.baoms.org.uk/professionals/baoms_mentoring_and_support_programme_msp.aspx (2021).
Magennis, P. & Ong, T. A Handbook for Trainees in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. (BAOMS Medical Students’ Group, 1994).
Magennis, P. & Ulrich, H.-P. OMFS Section of UEMS international In-Training Assessment (OSUITA). OMFS Section of UEMS https://omfsexam.examfolio.com (2022).
Hölzle, F., Magennis, P. & Ulrich, H.-P. Pre-Specialist Assessment for trainees in OMFS - 8 Sept 2022 8pm-9:30pm (details will follow) - OMFSUEMS. www.omfsuems.eu https://omfsuems.eu/news/15/prespecialist_assessment_for_trainees_in_omfs_8_sept_2022_8pm930pm_details_will_follow (2022).
- OMFS European Training Requirement of UEMS.Union of European Medical Specialists. 2021;
UEMS. European Standards in Medical Training - UEMS ETRs. www.uems.eu https://www.uems.eu/areas-of-expertise/postgraduate-training/european-standards-in-medical-training (2022).
Magennis, P. & Ulrich, H.-P. OMFS ETR on website of OMFS Section UEMS. https://omfsuems.eu/omfs_training/omfs_etr.aspx (2021).
- BAOMS QOMS (Quality and Outcomes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery): a specialty-wide quality improvement initiative, progress since conception.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2021; 59: P619-P622
BAOMS-ASiT Membership Collaboration. https://www.asit.org/news/baoms-asit-membership-collaboration/nwc11223.
OMFS win coveted ASiT Silver Scalpel Award two years’ running! | British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. https://www.baoms.org.uk/about/news/1162/omfs_win_coveted_asit_silver_scalpel_award_two_years_running.