Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Management of free flap failure in head and neck surgery.Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital. 2017; 37: 387-392
- Unsurpassed reliability of free flaps for head and neck reconstruction.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1999; 125: 295-299
- Salvage of failed free flaps used in head and neck reconstruction.Head Neck Oncol. 2009; 1: 33
- Effects of aspirin and low-dose heparin in head and neck reconstruction using microvascular free flaps.Laryngoscope. 2005; 115: 973-976
- Anticoagulation therapy in microsurgery: a review.J Hand Surg Am. 2006; 31: 836-846
- Comparison of single and double venous anastomoses in head and neck oncologic reconstruction using free flaps: a meta-analysis.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016; 137: 1583-1594
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism in surgical patients.Circulation. 2004; 110: IV4 -12
Dawoud BE, Markose G. Does the use of anticoagulants reduce the risk of free flap failure in head and neck surgery. CRD42022300302 2022; Available from URL: https://www.crd.york.ac.uk/prospero/display_record.php?ID=CRD42022300302. (last accessed 18 October 2022).
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.Int J Surg. 2010; 8: 336-341
- ROBINS-I: a tool for assessing risk of bias in non-randomised studies of interventions.BMJ. 2016; 355i4919
The Cochrane Collaboration, Review Manager (RevMan) Version 5.4. 2020.
- Use of systemic low-dose unfractionated heparin in microvascular head and neck reconstruction: influence in free-flap outcomes.J Plast Surg Hand Surg. 2016; 50: 135-141
- Postoperative management of antithrombotic medication in microvascular head and neck reconstruction: a comparative analysis of unfractionated and low-molecular-weight heparin.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2021; 278: 1567-1575
- Safety and efficacy of low molecular weight dextran (dextran 40) in head and neck free flap reconstruction.J Reconstr Microsurg. 2013; 29: 443-448
- The effects of dextran on postoperative thrombosis and hemodilution in microvascular head and neck reconstruction.Ann Plast Surg. 2020; 85: 38-42
- The outcome of prostaglandin-E1 and dextran-40 compared to no antithrombotic therapy in head and neck free tissue transfer: analysis of 1,351 cases in a single center.Microsurgery. 2012; 32: 339-343
- Microsurgical free flap reconstructions of head and neck region in 406 cases: a 13-year experience.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013; 71: 628-635
- Effect of postoperative aspirin on outcomes in microvascular free tissue transfer surgery.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013; 148: 40-46
- Dextran-related complications in head and neck microsurgery: do the benefits outweigh the risks? A prospective randomized analysis.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003; 112: 1534-1539
- The Cochrane Collaboration's tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.BMJ. 2011; 343: d5928
- Microsurgical free flap reconstruction outcomes in head and neck cancer patients after surgical extirpation and intraoperative brachytherapy.Laryngoscope. 2004; 114: 1170-1176
- Microsurgical free flap in head and neck reconstruction.Head Neck. 2010; 32: 1236-1245
- A comparison of the Cook-Swartz Doppler with conventional clinical methods for free flap monitoring: a systematic review and a meta-analysis.Int J Surg. 2016; 32: 109-115
- Free flap failure in head and neck reconstruction.Head Neck. 2014; : 361440-361445
- Microvascular flap reconstruction by otolaryngologists: prevalence, postoperative care, and monitoring techniques.Laryngoscope. 2007; 117: 485-490
- Implantable Doppler flow system: experience with 24 microvascular free-flap operations.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006; 135: 714-778
- Risk factors for free flap failure: a retrospective analysis of 881 free flaps for head and neck defect reconstruction.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017; 46: 941-945
- Effect of anticoagulation and inhibition of platelet aggregation on arterial versus venous microvascular thrombosis.Ann Plast Surg. 1995; 35: 165-170
- Timing of pedicle thrombosis and flap loss after free-tissue transfer.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1996; 98: 1230-1233
- A review of 716 consecutive free flaps for oncologic surgical defects: refinement in donor-site selection and technique.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1998; 102: 722-734
- Factors predicting free flap complications in head and neck reconstruction.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2006; 59: 737-742
- Factors associated with free flap failures in head and neck reconstruction.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2019; 161: 598-604
Centre for Evidence - Based Medicine. Oxford Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine: Levels of Evidence (March 2009) 2009 Available from URL: https://www.cebm.ox.ac.uk/resources/levels-of-evidence/oxford-centre-for-evidence-based-medicine-levels-of-evidence-march-2009. (last accessed 18 October 2022).