- OMFS service provision
- Oro-Maxillofacial Surgery (basic medical and basic dental training)
- Maxillofacial Surgery (basic medical training
- Directive 2005/36
- Annex V
- Service configuration
- European free trade association
- European union
- European economic area
- Union of European medical specialists
- UEMS. OMFS Section of UEMS
- Certificate of eligibility for specialty registration
- Manpower planning
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Main UEMS - Home. Available from URL: https://www.uems.eu/ (last accessed 4 October 2022).
Office for Official Publications of the European Communities. Directive 2005/36/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications. Core EU Legislation: 216–61. Available from URL: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:02005L0036-20211210&from=EN (last accessed).
- United Kingdom immigration and emigration of oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS) specialists 2000–2020: how might Brexit impact on OMFS?.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1304-1309
- European OMFS in the time of Brexit – where did the UK fit and how might the future look?.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1297-1303
- Contents of stomatological curricula in Europe.Eur J Dent Educ. 2006; 10: 61-66
European Court of Justice. 2013 62012CJ0492 Article 267 TFEU from the Conseil d’État (France) Oral Surgery. Available from URL: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:62012CJ0492&qid=1665497032468&from=EN (last accessed 12 October 2022)
- An update on the current training situation of German interns in oral and maxillofacial surgery at special times in 2021.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2022; 50: 380-387
- Training in oral and maxillofacial surgery in Germany - residents’ satisfaction and future challenges.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2021; 49: 415-421
- How is neck dissection performed in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery? Results of a representative nationwide survey among university and non-university hospitals in Germany.Clin Oral Investig. 2021; 25: 3007-3019
- Microsurgical reconstruction of the head and neck region: current concepts of maxillofacial surgery units worldwide.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015; 43: 1364-1368
- Current concepts in cleft care: a multicenter analysis.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2018; 46: 705-708
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. The future of surgical specialities in Ireland: report of the forum on the future of surgical specialities, 21st November 2003. RCSI 2004. Available from URL: https://www.lenus.ie/handle/10147/575035 (last accessed 5 October 2022).
Eastern Health Board. Development of oral & maxillofacial surgery services in the Eastern Health Board region. EHB 1999. Available from URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10147/46145 (last accessed 5 October 2022).
nOspidéal C na. Oral and maxillofacial surgery services / Comhairle na nOspideal. 2005. Available from URL: https://www.lenus.ie/handle/10147/44533 (last accessed 5 October 2022).
Magennis P, Ulrich HP. Oral and maxillofacial surgery European training requirement. OMFS ETR - UEMS Council approved Oct 2021. Available from URL: https://omfsuems.eu/omfs_training/oral_maxillofacial_surgery_european_training_requirement.aspx (last accessed 5 October 2022).
Ontwikkelgroep Opleidingsplan MKA-chirurgi (Netherlands OMFS curriculum) (Dutch): HOOFDZAAK Opleidingsplan MKA-chirurgie. Available from URL: https://docplayer.nl/13655949-Hoofdzaak-opleidingsplan-mka-chirurgie.html (last accessed 6 October 2022).
Magennis P, Ulrich HP. OMFS ETR on website of OMFS Section UEMS. Available from URL: https://omfsuems.eu/omfs_training/default.aspx (last accessed 6 October 2022).
Oncology Commission Dutch Society of Oral Diseases, Jaw and Facial Surgery; Oncology Commission Dutch Society forEar, Nose and Throat Surgery of the Head and Neck Area. Training oncological head-neck surgery - a curriculum for MKA-surgeon and otolaryngologist. Available from URL: https://omfsuems.eu/_userfiles/pages/files/omfs_curricula/netherlands_oncology_omfs_and_ent_2014.pdf (last accessed 6 October 2022).
- Three changes to reduce the loss of dual degree trainees from OMFS national specialty selection in the UK: evidence based proposals.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2022; 60: 36-41
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) Consultant Workforce in the UK: reducing consultant numbers resulting from recruitment issues, pension pressures, changing job-plans, and demographics when combined with the COVID backlog in elective surgery, requires urgent action.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2022; 60: 14-19
- Workforce intelligence: what data do we need to collect to understand trends in substantive oral and maxillofacial surgery consultant posts? A retrospective review and plan for the future.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1317-1324
- Legislation for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) in the UK lags behind the patient care we provide: an illustrative timeline and recommendations for the future.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1290-1296
- Changing the oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS) training pathway in the United Kingdom – an illustrative retrospective.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1261-1267
- Impact of Brexit - 2020 may be the first year in a decade when no new oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS) trainees or new OMFS specialists from Europe started working in the UK.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2022; 60: 86-87
Scottish Needs Assessment Programme (SNAP). Needs assessment report on oral and maxillofacial surgery, December 2002. Public Health Institute of Scotland. Available from URL: https://www.scottishdental.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Oral-and-MaxFaxS-2002.pdf (last accessed 6 October 2022).
British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. The organisation of oral and maxillofacial surgical services in the United Kingdom: a consultation paper, June 2001. Available from URL: https://www.baoms.org.uk/_userfiles/pages/files/professionals/useful_resources/2001_reorganisation_of_omfs_services__formated.pdf (last accessed 6 October 2022).
Morton M. Oral and maxillofacial surgery GIRFT programme national specialty report, November 2018. Available from URL: https://gettingitrightfirsttime.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/OMFS-Report-May20K.pdf (last accessed 6 October 2022).
- Getting It Right First Time (GIRFT) — the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Report: what happens next?.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2019; 57: 393-394
BAOMS. Key documents related to OMFS and oral surgery training, organisation and workforce. British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Available from URL: https://www.baoms.org.uk/members/key_documents_related_to_omfs_and_oral_surgery_training_organisation_and_workforce.aspx (last accessed 6 October 2022).
Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board. PMETB report on training in oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS). Available from URL: https://www.baoms.org.uk/_userfiles/pages/files/Professionals/Education and Training/2008 PMETB Report into Training OMFS.pdf (last accessed 6 October 2022).