- OMFS service provision
- Dental, Oro-Maxillofacial Surgery (basic medical and basic dental training)
- Maxillofacial Surgery (basic medical training
- Directive 2005/36
- Annex V
- Service Configuration
- European Free Trade Association, European Union, European Economic Area
- Union of European Medical Specialists
- UEMS. OMFS Section of UEMS
- Certificate of Eligibility for Specialty Registration
- Manpower Planning
- Indicative Numbers
- European Training Requirement
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- The past, present, and future of oral and maxillofacial surgery.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008; 66: 1037-1040
Christian Bruhn (Mediziner, 1868) – Wikipedia. Available from URL: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Bruhn_(Mediziner,_1868) [last accessed 10 October 2022].
Office for Official Publications of the European Communities. Directive 2005/36/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications. Core EU Legislation; 2021. p. 216–61. Available from URL: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:02005L0036-20211210&from=EN. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-137-54482-7_24 (last accessed 10 October 2022).
OMFS Section of UEMS. Collected OMFS Specialty national reports - OMFS Section of UEMS website. Available from URL: https://omfsuems.eu/collected_national_reports.aspx [last accessed 10 October 2022].
- 2012 – The year when BAOMS and its officers prevented closure of all UK shortened medical and dental courses.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1343-1347
- The UK Mentoring and Support Programme (MSP) for those considering a career in oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS). A review of a ‘Register Interest in OMFS’ website and the MSP as two key resources created by the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons to promote recruitment and retention (2008–2020).Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2021; 59: 935-940
- History of the German Society of Oromaxillofacial Surgery.Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir. 2000; 4 ([in German]): S11-S25
- Training in oral and maxillofacial surgery in Germany - residents’ satisfaction and future challenges.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2021; 49: 415-421
Magennis P, Ulrich HP. OMFS European training requirement of UEMS. Union of European Medical Specialists. Available from URL: https://omfsuems.eu/omfs_training/default.aspx [last accessed 10 October 2022].
Woolley E, Laugharne D. Oral and maxillofacial surgery curriculum; 2021. The Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum Programme. Available from URL: https://www.iscp.ac.uk/media/1105/oral-maxillofacial-surgery-curriculum-aug-2021-approved-oct-20.pdf [last accessed 10 October 2022].
- The ISCP Systems Group: enhancements to the learning agreement and ARCP.Bull R Coll Surg Engl. 2011; 93: 198-200
- United Kingdom immigration and emigration of oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS) specialists 2000–2020: how might Brexit impact on OMFS?.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1304-1309
- Three changes to reduce the loss of dual degree trainees from OMFS national specialty selection in the UK: evidence based proposals.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2022; 60: 36-41
Joint Committee on Surgical Training. JCST quality indicators for surgical training – oral & maxillofacial surgery. Available from URL: https://www.jcst.org/-/media/files/jcst/quality-assurance/quality-indicators/omfsqisv10.pdf [last accessed 10 October 2022].
- Legislation for oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS) in the UK lags behind the patient care we provide: an illustrative timeline and recommendations for the future.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1290-1296
- International guidelines for specialty training in oral and maxillofacial surgery.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1992; 21: 130-132
- OMFS Section of UEMS. European guidelines for specialty training in oral and maxillo-facial surgery.Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac. 2003; 104: 186-189
OMFS Section of UEMS. Charter on training of medical specialists in the EU. OMFS Reference Book 2011 Requirements for the speciality of Oro-Maxillo-Facial Surgery. Available from URL: https://omfsuems.eu/_userfiles/pages/files/uems_201139_omfs_reference_book_2011.pdf [last accessed 10 October 2022].
Magennis P, Ulrich HP. OMFS ETR on website of OMFS section UEMS. Available from URL: https://omfsuems.eu/omfs_training/omfs_etr.aspx [last accessed 10 October 2022].
UEMS Expanded Executive Committee. Managing overlapping competency and knowledge within UEMS European training requirements (ETRs). Available from URL: https://www.uems.eu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/156602/Practical-Approach-to-Overlapping-Knowledge-or-competencies-in-ETRs-final.pdf [last accessed 10 October 2022].
Magennis P, Ulrich HP. OMFS training - table of all current training curricula in Europe. Available from URL: https://omfsuems.eu/omfs_training/default.aspx (last accessed 10 October 2022).
Ärztekammer Nordrhein. Fachärztin für Mund-Kiefer-Gesichtschirurgie. Weiterbildungsordnung der Ärztekammer Nordrhein vom 16. November 2019 mit der Richtlinie zur Weiterbildungsordnung vom 4. Dezember 2019 2016–2Available from URL: https://www.aeksh.de/sites/default/files/2022-07/018_leistungsnachweis_mund-kiefer-gesichtschirurgie.pdf [last accessed 12 October 2022].
Ontwikkelgroep Opleidingsplan MKA-chirurgi. Netherland OMFS curriculum (Dutch): HOOFDZAAK Opleidingsplan MKA-chirurgie.
Joint Committee on Intercollegiate Examinations (JCIE). FRCS (oral and maxillofacial surgery) - information and regulations. Available from URL: https://www.jcie.org.uk/content/content.aspx?ID=16 [last accessed 10 October 2022].
Hölzle F, Magennis P, Ulrich HP. Pre-specialist assessment for trainees in OMFS - 8 Sept 2022 8 pm - 9:30 pm (details will follow) - OMFSUEMS. Available from URL: https://omfsuems.eu/news/15/prespecialist_assessment_for_trainees_in_omfs_8_sept_2022_8pm930pm_details_will_follow [last accessed 10 October 2022].
European Board of OMFS. European Board Examination in Oral and Maxillofacial, Head & Neck Surgery. Available from URL: http://www.ebomfs.eu [last accessed 10 October 2022].
Magennis P, Ulrich HP. OMFS Section of UEMS international in-training assessment (OSUITA). OMFS Section of UEMS. Available from URL: https://omfsexam.examfolio.com [last accessed 10 October 2022].
Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board. PMETB report on training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS). Available from URL: https://www.baoms.org.uk/_userfiles/pages/files/Professionals/Education and Training/2008 PMETB Report into Training OMFS.pdf [last accessed 10 October 2022].
- Changing the oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS) training pathway in the United Kingdom – an illustrative retrospective.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 1261-1267
- 50 Years of IAOMS: the development of the specialty.International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 2013