Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
NHS workforce statistics - March 2022 (including selected provisional statistics for April 2022) - NHS Digital 2022. Available from URL: https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/publications/statistical/nhs-workforce-statistics/march-2022 (last accessed 21 October 2022).
- Number of women entering medical school rises after decade of decline.BMJ. 2018; 360k254
HE students by CAH level 1 and sex. Higher Education Statistics Authority. Available from URL: https://www.hesa.ac.uk/data-and-analysis/students/what-study (last accessed 21 October 2022).
Students in higher education 2010/11. Higher Education Statistics Authority, 2012. Available from URL: https://www.hesa.ac.uk/data-and-analysis/publications/students-2010-11 (last accessed 21 October 2022).
- Gender diversity in UK surgical specialties: a national observational study.BMJ Open. 2022; 12: e055516
Royal College of Surgeons of England. The Royal College - our professional home. An independent review on diversity and inclusion for the Royal College of Surgeons of England. An exciting call for radical change. March 2021. Available from URL: file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/RCS%20England%20diversity%20report%2011%20August.pdf (last accessed 21 October 2022).
Royal College of Surgeons of England. Statistics: women in surgery. Available from: https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/careers-in-surgery/women-in-surgery/statistics (last accessed 21 October 2022).
- Gender representation in leadership roles in UK surgical societies.Int J Surg. 2019; 67: 32-36
- Women in surgery.Bull R Col Surg Eng. 2019; 101: 12-14
Inclusion, equity and diversity. British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 2022. Available from URL: https://www.baoms.org.uk/about/inclusion_equity_and_diversity.aspx#collapse0 (last accessed 21 October 2022).
- The gender gap in science: how long until women are equally represented?.PLOS Biol. 2018; 16: e2004956
- Editorial (spring) board? Gender composition in high-impact general surgery journals over 20 years.Ann Surg. 2019; 269: 582-588
- Gender distribution among surgical journals’ editorial boards: empowering women surgeon scientists.Surgery. 2021; 169: 1346-1351
Active physicians by sex and specialty, 2017. AAMC 2017. Available from URL: https://www.aamc.org/data-reports/workforce/interactive-data/active-physicians-sex-and-specialty-2017 (last accessed 21 October 2022).
- A systematic review of the factors affecting choice of surgery as a career.Can J Surg. 2018; 61: 58-67