Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Cancer today. International Agency for Research on Cancer; World Health Organization. Available from URL: https://gco.iarc.fr/today (last assessed 8 November 2022).
IARC Working Group on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans. Tobacco smoke and involuntary smoking. IARC Monogr Eval Carcinog Risks Hum 2004;83:1–1438.
IARC Working Group on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans. Human papillomaviruses. IARC Monogr Eval Carcinog Risks Hum 2007;90:1–636.
Pott P. Chirurgical observations: relative to the cataract, the polypus of the nose, the cancer of the scrotum, the different kinds of ruptures, and the mortification of the toes and feet. London: TJ Carnegy for L Hawes, W Clarke, and R Collins; 1775.
IARC Working Group on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans. Some non-heterocyclic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and some related exposures. IARC Monogr Eval Carcinog Risks Hum 2010;92:1–853.
- Occupations and the risk of head and neck cancer: a pooled analysis of the International Head and Neck Cancer Epidemiology (INHANCE) Consortium.J Occup Environ Med. 2019; 61: 397-404
- Oral and pharyngeal cancer risk associated with occupational carcinogenic substances: systematic review.Head Neck. 2018; 40: 2724-2732
- Occupational exposure to petroleum-based and oxygenated solvents and oral and oropharyngeal cancer risk in men: a population-based case-control study in France.Cancer Epidemiol. 2019; 59: 22-28
- Welding and the risk of head and neck cancer: the ICARE study.Occup Environ Med. 2020; 77: 293-300
- Evolution in the management of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma: systematic review of outcomes over the last 25 years.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2019; 57: 101-115
Statistics Office for National Statistics. Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) 2020. Available from URL: https://www.ons.gov.uk/methodology/classificationsandstandards/standardoccupationalclassificationsoc/soc2020#:∼:text=Standard%20Occupational%20Classification%202020%3A%20SOC,coding%20index%20for%20SOC%202020. (last assessed 8 November 2022).
- Occupational exposures and squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, pharynx, larynx, and oesophagus: a case-control study in Sweden.Occup Environ Med. 1998; 55: 393-400
- Occupational exposures and head and neck cancers among Swedish construction workers.Scand J Work Environ Health. 2006; 32: 270-275
- Occupational asbestos exposure and risk of oral cavity and pharyngeal cancer in the prospective Netherlands Cohort Study.Scand J Work Environ Health. 2014; 40: 420-427
- Occupational asbestos exposure is associated with pharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma in men from the greater Boston area.Occup Environ Med. 2013; 70: 858-863
- Occupational exposure and head and neck carcinoma.Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci. 1990; 15: 439-445
- Oral and pharyngeal cancer and occupation: a case-control study.Epidemiology. 1992; 3: 300-309
- Pharyngeal cancer prevention: evidence from a case–control study involving 232 consecutive patients.J Laryngol Otol. 2002; 116: 523-531
- Case-control study of oropharyngeal cancer.Cancer Detect Prev. 2006; 30: 152-157
- Occupation and oral cancer among women in the South.Am J Ind Med. 1982; 3: 161-167
- An epidemiologic study of oral cancer in a statewide network.Am J Otolaryngol. 1986; 7: 200-208
- Occupational exposures as risk factors for oral cancer evaluated in a Swedish case-control study.Oncol Rep. 1999; 6: 317-320
- Head and neck cancer and occupational exposure to leather dust: results from the ICARE study, a French case-control study.Environ Health. 2019; 18: 27
- Oral pre-cancer and the associated risk factors among industrial workers in Japan's overseas enterprises in the UK.J Oral Pathol Med. 2003; 32: 257-264
- Sugarcane farming, occupational solvent exposures, and the risk of oral cancer in Puerto Rico.J Occup Environ Med. 2003; 45: 869-874
- Cancer incidence among waiters: 45 years of follow-up in five Nordic countries.Scand J Public Health. 2015; 43: 204-211
- Evaluation of genotoxicity in automobile mechanics occupationally exposed to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons using micronuclei and other nuclear abnormalities.Iran J Cancer Prev. 2012; 5: 87-92
Health and Safety Executive. Construction health risks: key points. 2022. Available from URL: https://www.hse.gov.uk/construction/healthrisks/key-points.htm (last assessed 8 November 2022).
- O8C.6 Tobacco control and oral cancer screening among public transport bus drivers, conductors and other staff in Mumbai, India.BMJ J Occup Environ Med. 2019; 76: A75