Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Implementing human factors in clinical practice.Emerg Med J. 2015; 32: 368-372
- Is aviation a good model to study human errors in health care?.Am J Surg. 2012; 203: 798-801
- Pre-surgery briefings and safety climate in the operating theatre.BMJ Qual Saf. 2011; 20: 711-717
Kennedy I. The report of the public inquiry into children’s heart surgery at the Bristol Royal Infirmary 1984–1995: learning from Bristol. Final Report 2001 Government Document CM 5207/1.
- Davidson M Improving patient safety: we need to reduce hierarchy and empower junior doctors to speak up.BMJ. 2019; 366: I14461
- Workplace bullying in NHS community trust: staff questionnaire survey.BMJ. 1999; 318: 228-232
Rabol LI, McPhail A, Ostergaard D, et al. Promoters and barriers in hospital team communication. A focus group study. J Commun Healthc. 5: 129-139.
- Challenging hierarchy in healthcare teams - ways to flatten gradients to improve teamwork and patient care.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017; 55: 449-453
- Leading article: how can I optimise my role as a leader within the surgical team?.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 54: 847-850
- Situational awareness - what it means for clinicians, its recognition and importance in patient safety.Oral Dis. 2017; 23: 721-725
- Looking after ourselves at work – the importance of being hydrated and fed.BMJ. 2019; 364: I528
- Patient, Procedure, People (PPP): Recognising & responding to intra-operative critical events.Ann Roy Coll Surg Eng. 2022; 109: 409-413
- Correlates of non-technical skills in surgery: a prospective study.BMJ Open. 2017; 30: e014480
- Task errors by emergency physicians are associated with interruptions, multitasking, fatigue and working memory capacity: a prospective, direct observation study.BMJ Qual Saf. 2018; 27: 655-663
- A systematic review of the effect of distraction on surgeon performance: directions for operating room policy and surgical training.Surg Endosc. 2016; 30: 1713-1724
- Impact of intraoperative distractions on patient safety: a prospective descriptive study using validated instruments.World J Surg. 2014; 38: 751-758
- Distractions in the cardiac catheterisation laboratory: impact for cardiologists and patient safety.Open Heart. 2020; 7: e001260
- Identification and interference of intraoperative distractions and interruptions in operating rooms.J Surg Res. 2014; 188: 21-29
- Quantifying distraction and interruption in urological surgery.Qual Saf Health Care. 2007; 16: 135-139
- Is the Sterile Cockpit concept applicable to Cardiovascular Surgery critical intervals or critical events? The impact of protocol driven communication during Cardiopulmonary Bypass.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010; 139: 312-319