Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Durham J, Aggrawal V, Davies SJ, et al. Temporomandibular disorders (TMDs): an update and management guidance for primary care from the UK Specialist Interest Group in Orofacial Pain and TMDs (USOT). Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2013 (Clinical Standard Series).
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. Facial pain. Available from URL: https://www.nidcr.nih.gov/research/data-statistics/facial-pain (last accessed 5 December 2022).
- Prevalence of temporomandibular joint disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Oral Invest. 2021; 25: 441-453
- Orofacial pain prospective evaluation and risk assessment study: the OPPERA study.J Pain. 2011; 12 (T4-11.e1-2)
- Temporomandibular disorders and associated clinical comorbidities.Clin J Pain. 2011; 27: 268-274
- Central sensitization: implications for the diagnosis and treatment of pain.Pain. 2011; 152: S2-S
- Diagnostic criteria for temporomandibular disorders (DC/TMD) for clinical and research applications: recommendations of the International RDC/TMD Consortium Network and Orofacial Pain Special Interest Group.J Oral Facial Pain Headache. 2014; 28: 6-27
- Differential diagnosis of facial pain and guidelines for management.Br J Anaesth. 2013; 111: 95-104
- Clinical pharmacology of botulinum toxin drugs.Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2021; 263: 93-106
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Temporomandibular disorders (TMDs). Available from URL: https://cks.nice.org.uk/topics/temporomandibular-disorders-tmds (last accessed 5 December 2022).
Royal College of Physicians. Spasticity in adults: management using botulinum toxin. National guidelines 2018. Available from URL: file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/Spasticity%20in%20adults_final%20version_March%202019.pdf (last accessed 5 December 2022).
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Botulinum toxin type A. Available from URL: https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drugs/botulinum-toxin-type-a/ (last accessed 5 December 2022).
- Improvement in quality of life after botulinum toxin injection for temporomandibular disorder.J Stomatol Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2019; 120: 2-6
- Botulinum toxin in the management of temporomandibular disorders: a systematic review.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 58: 508-519
- Efficacy of botulinum toxin type A for treatment of persistent myofascial TMD pain: a randomized, controlled, double-blind multicenter study.Pain. 2011; 152: 1988-1996
- Efficacy of botulinum toxin in treating myofascial pain in bruxers: a controlled placebo pilot study.Cranio. 2008; 26: 126-135
- Effect of botulinum toxin-A in myofascial pain patients with or without functional disc displacement.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008; 66: 1644-1651
- Randomized controlled trial of botulinum toxin A for chronic myogenous orofacial pain.Pain. 2002; 99: 465-473
- Type A botulinum toxin in the treatment of chronic facial pain associated with masticatory hyperactivity.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2003; 61: 774-778
- Use of botulinum toxin in orofacial clinical practice.Toxins (Basel). 2020; 12: 112
- Incobotulinum toxin A injection for temporomandibular joint disorder.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2017; 126: 328-333
- Botulinum toxin therapy for temporomandibular joint disorders: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015; 44: 1018-1026
EMC. BOTOX 100 Units - Summary of product characteristics (SmPC). Available from URL: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/859/smpc (last accessed 5 December 2022).
- Clinical presentation and management of antibody-induced failure of botulinum toxin therapy.Mov Disord. 2004; 19: S92-S
- Long-term treatment of cervical dystonia with botulinum toxin A: efficacy, safety, and antibody frequency. German Dystonia Study Group.J Neurol. 1999; 246: 265-274
- Botulinum toxin: description of injection techniques and examination of controversies surrounding toxin diffusion.Acta Neurol Scand. 2008; 117: 73-84
- Efficacy and safety of botulinum toxin type A on persistent myofascial pain: a randomized clinical trial.Toxins (Basel). 2020; 12: 395
- The extreme ends of the treatment response spectrum to botulinum toxin in cervical dystonia.Toxins (Basel). 2020; 13: 22
- Treatment of temporomandibular disorders with botulinum toxin.Clin J Pain. 2002; 18: S198-S203
National Institute for Health and Care Research. 22/33 botulinum toxin in the management of chronic masticatory myofascial pain. Available from URL: https://www.nihr.ac.uk/documents/2233-botulinum-toxin-in-the-management-of-chronic-masticatory-myofascial-pain/30110 (last accessed 5 December 2022).